• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 4.0L into 92 4.0L

oldcancer

NAXJA Forum User
i know this question probably gets asked alot, i did search but i turned up nothing....i probably used the wrong keywords lol, but in any case....

i have a 92 xj 4.0L and i also have a 94 4.0L both with an aw4 behind them....

i plan on rebuilding the 94 block and throwing that into the 92 when spring rolls around....is there anything i should be worried about or should it just be a direct swap?

thanks in advance.

EDIT: might be an NP 231 t-case, not sure about the t-case for sure but it's whatever one the command trac is (shift pattern is 2hi-4hi part time-n-4lo part time)

Last edited:
as for the transfercase swap all you need to get is the shift pattern for the shift lever.what i am talking about is the detents that the lever falls into as you go to the different ranges.when you remove the console in the cab you will see what i mean. its held in by 2 bolts.the rest is made to be adjusted under the car. I just did it to a 89 xj.

Back