• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

closed to open overflow tank??

88xjwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I am sure this has been covered before countless times, but I would rather ask the question again, than spend hours searching for the answer to such a specific question.

I have a 90 MJ that I have started putting an open style cooling system in. I did this in the 88Xj as well, but one thing I didn't like (in the 88) is the overflow bottle. I think I used one from a dakota or something, and it was a real PITA.

Has anyone that has done this conversion found a particular oem overflow tank that works better than others? It may be from any number of different vehicles. I am planning to hit the salvage yard in a week or two, and would like to find this item, without spending all day with a tape measure and note pad.

thanks for looking!

there's one at autozone that's generic and has a flat piece of metal for the mounting tab.

It fits great right in front of the airbox secured to the inner fender with some sheetmetal screws.
It was like 8 bucks.

Did a little digging in the vault
MOPAR part number 1-52003213
Photo is how it was mounted in my 88. I had to move the ceramic balast for the fuel pump back about a foot. I also neglected to purchase a cap for the darn thing, but the duct tape never let me down.
2005_0505selling0015.jpg

Back