• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

come AWN one ton........

Beezil

Member #Nay
NAXJA Member
I'm a half step behind you, but I'm catching up.....

and before the mod-police arrive ont eh scene, lemme just preface" ITS NOT DONE "

AUT_3209.JPG

AUT_3210.JPG

AUT_3207.JPG

Looks rad beez, cant wait to see the finished product!
Hey, what are you doing with your old springs? What were they? Are you selling them?

What was wrong with your previous (original) setup

Ya mean the leaf springs I had that were designed for a rig that is one-tousand pounds heavier in the rear than mine was?

ya mean the springs that earned my rig the name "stiff cricket"?

REMOVED.

I think they're about 2" too short. Are you going to use all-thread in the end to make them adjustable?

HTH,

Flowers

YEP, you are right....

they were 40" and now they're 38".

the bottoms are still 40".

there is no need for adjustability, but I have several holes to experiment with geometry

So is the rear getting airbags or coilovers? I guess you could have both if you let Bones ride in the back.........:D

Cool, a 2 link! Isn't that considered radius arms? Are you gonna tunnel those floor holes? ;)

Mom!!! Beezil's cheating again...he keeps cutting up holes into his XJ and making all these cool things to make everyone jealous..tell him to stoooooop. :rattle:

XJguy

Beezil said:
Ya mean the leaf springs I had that were designed for a rig that is one-tousand pounds heavier in the rear than mine was?

ya mean the springs that earned my rig the name "stiff cricket"?

REMOVED.

:doh: Oh,didn't realize that! Carry on then!

Umm, your driveshaft is in the wrong spot.

Had to tear apart the bridge last night. I hate making backwards progress. You're gonna need to brace yours in the forward/ aft plane since you kicked it back like that. No big deal though.

On a good note, the entire thing is almost stripped of paint. Big thanks to Rufies for that one.

I'm disappointed, I don't see any kites flying in any of those pics.

stopped on the way to work and Sean wasn't at the shop, but that thang looks sweet, he was getting the wiring for a BIG welder, Sean you need some pics posted for these guys. Awesome Jeep

Back