• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Flares

bloodtype_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever put early model flares on a late model xj?

I've removed (and sold) my flares and would like to have some kind of flare. I daily drive my rig so having mud on the doors and sliders all the time is getting old.

I've considered finding direct replacements but they're not easy to come by and I do see sets of early model flares at the jy pretty often. I like the look of the early model flares and I'm curious to see what they'd look like.

edit: in the event that they aren't a direct fit, could the mounting brackets be modified to work on the late model body?

I use TJ flares. They cover plenty. Depends on the size of your rig will depend if you like them or not. Smaller built rigs look a little odd with big flares if you get what I'm saying. Plenty of pics of them on here.

But to the original ?. I do not think it would hard at all. Might just have to drill a couple extra holes for the different mounting plates.

If you're going to use early flair and have already trimmed a bit you're going to need.. front MJ flairs(for the front) and a set of front 96- flairs for the rear, I've been research and looking and thats what I came up with for the least amount of $ and something that still looks good. You could also go with TJ front flairs as stated..

Back