• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$80 NSS

garryjav

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone bought one of the nss's that are only $80?
and yes i know you can clean it. if you can get it off without breaking it. oh and this is for a 96

Be careful of cheap charlie sensors. Most of the time, you get what you pay for.

Especially on ebay. No lack of total crap chinese sensors floating around on "the bay". I will not buy anything from ebay that is not a confirmed brand name. Waaaaay too much risk.

Has anyone bought one of the nss's that are only $80?
and yes i know you can clean it. if you can get it off without breaking it. oh and this is for a 96

The trick is to get the OEM one off in one piece.

Be careful and take your time.

The cleaned OEM sensor is WAY better quality than a cheap one.

That link shows an NSS for a Cherokee with Quadra Trac 4WD system. Your Jeep doesn't have that. It does look though like it fits non Quadra-Trac years of Cherokee. I'd verify before ordering.

I bought 3 brand new ones a year ago from Rockauto dot com for $26 each.

They were excellent quality, Standard brand IIRC.

That link shows an NSS for a Cherokee with Quadra Trac 4WD system. Your Jeep doesn't have that. It does look though like it fits non Quadra-Trac years of Cherokee. I'd verify before ordering.
94-96 never had quadra-trac. IIRC some of the earlier ones may have had, but not certain.

I put one from auotopartswharehouse I believe for like $50. I've had no problems at all. I worked in parts at the time and was as quality as the name brand we sold. Looked identical and 2 years later it is still,holding up very well. Noncompliance and sure beats the $300 price tag of the one we stocked.

well its ben in for a week and i have not heard from her so i guess it works ok, i could not open it up as the girl that owned the car was waiting for me to install it

Back