• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window help. Not the lock button issue.

bimmerjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
My driver's side window does not roll down. However, I can roll down the other 3 window's from the drivers side. Where can I start? Do I open the door up and check for broken wires? Try to reconnect something that is loose?

Also, the passenger's side window can be rolled down from the driver's side, but not the passenger side. I don't know if this is related?

The shorting out of the 2 wires in the kick panel is only to address the passenger side window controls not working. I have a different issue.

Thanks for any help!

I would start with checking broken wires. Since the switch works for the other 3 i have a hard time believing its loose. Maybe spray contact spray to clean it up a lil bit???

Removing the door panel is actually quite easy...
There are plastic clips attached to the inside outer edge of the door panel that hold the panel to the door. You can slide a thin rigid piece of metal between the door and the panel (do it the easy way and purchase a cheap fastener removal tool at the autoparts store) and apply a little leverage and they (approximately 10) will pull out of the door. There are 2 large screws inside the arm rest and 1 behind the door unlatch handle, lift outward and upward on the door panel to remove from the window track, disconnect yellow and white plastic rod retainers for door handle (be careful when unlatching the retainers from the rod or you will be purchasing new ones), unlatch the window and door lock harness from the switch panel. The door panel should now come completely loose from the door.

Back