• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ 2001 Misfire

XJ-PRO

NAXJA Forum User
2001 XJ (164,000 miles) with serious misfire problems. Recently pulled the codes, and the result was P0306 Misfire detected in cylinder #6.

Even though it reflects some kind of problem on cylinder 6, recently I was testing with a led test light, and found that the injector missing pulse, was cylinder number 4.

On my research to isolate the problem, I found that the 3 wires from the camshaft position sensor are stripped at the very end close to the connector itself, and I think this was caused mainly by the heat of the engine. I'm suspicious that if this cables might have touched each other, this could have damaged the ECU.

Another thing that I did, was to check for resistance in the negative cable for injectors 4 & 6 with a result of 0.1 Ohm, which is perfect. Also, stripped the wire harness in top of the manifolds to check for stripped wires, but everything is okay.

Where should I be looking for?

Thanks

Back