• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air cleaner swap

Can't say that it will...

But I can tell you it won't.

Most folks experiences with "High Performance" intakes and filters are that they are hype. K&N (and the like) swaps usually just result in more crud getting into the intake tube, that and more noise.

If you are looking for HP, look someplace else. If you are looking to get more clearance between the filter and water air tubes make some difference.

Minimal, not a noticable difference. I only changed mine to a k&n so I never have to buy an air filter again. Just clean it, dry it, oil it and your good to go.

I decided to ditch my air box to try and get a 2nd battery in the bay. Used a spectra 6"x3" od tube and K&N cone filter from auto zone clamped to the factory rubber tube. Didnt feel a gain but it is a little bit louder

I lost the link, but generally no. Yea intake companies break it down by saying more flow to the engine means more performance. However large auto companies are pretty good at getting enough air past their filter so that isn't the bottleneck.

The article and I agree, you really just let more crap in your engine.

Keeping the stock air box and adding a cowl intake will yield better results by letting the engine breath cooler air
From personal experience, K&N-type filters pass way too much dirt. A stock paper filter does a much better job.

Back