• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elbe Hills - September Feeler - Update

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
TORX wants to wheel Elbe.

Who's interested, and which weekend works for you?

September 15-16 (1rst choice)
September 22-23

This will be a Friday-Sunday trip. Looking to run as many trails as possible. Elbe is located on DNR land, which means you will need a lovely Discover Pass. If you've never been Google the town of Elbe for reference.

Also, looking for someone who knows their way around the park... Branden how's the Cherocon these days? :D

Last edited:
I'd like to go. But with how close it is to my house, and how small it looks on the maps I've seen I'd rather just make it a day trip. On a Sunday of course.

I also have no interest in running the busy wild.

Re: Elbe Hills - September Feeler

I'm most likely down, granted I don't break my Jeep next weekend at the M&G. I would probably be only to do one day though and would have a better chance of going if it was the weekend of the 22nd/23rd. I know my way around the park pretty good...

I'm most likely down, granted I don't break my Jeep next weekend at the M&G. I would probably be only to do one day though and would have a better chance of going if it was the weekend of the 22nd/23rd. I know my way around the park pretty good...

We can make that happen im sure. And if you know the area it will make are life much easier up there. So lets take a vote on on busy wild. I of course say yes but if no one else wants to run it I understand.

The busy wouldnt be bad at all this time of year, all dry mostly. One spot is hard to avoid damage, but with sliders its possible.

As posted before i am headed to the meet and greet this weekend so the following weekend i might be able to make. Just for saturday though. Busy wildshould be cake right now. I will keep you posted on if i can make it.

The cherocon got some new suspension and other secret weapons that need to be tested at naches

Come on out, Karl!

Lets shoot for the weekend of the 22-23. I need to get some junk done on the Jeep first. I'll post a thread in the staging area soon.

As for camping vs day trip, most parks around here can be run in a day. However, sometimes its nice just to take your time, come back to camp, and head out for a night run later. I still would like to head up Friday evening, hit the trails Saturday, and leave Sunday morning if we've covered all the trails.

Plus I'd like to get some more camping in before we enter our nine month monsoon season.

I cant go on the 22-23rd weekend. I will be in cali visiting my little brother before he leaves on deployment

I can't make it anymore either. I was informed today I'm back on 6-days until the end of the month.

well neither weekend works for me. i am hunting every weekend this month so that being said, my junk wont be broke and it will be ready for Octoberfest at Evans.
i really need to run Elbe sometime, still have never been there.

So I'm postponing this trip till next month. Doesn't seem like September is a good month for a lot of people, including myself.

Would anyone be interested in trip October 6-7 (this leaves a few weeks to recover before Oktoberfest)? I'm hoping the weather will still be decent, but if not I guess we'll wheel Elbe in all it's glory. Also, I realize there's a Jeep show on the 7th, but that doesn't mean we can't wheel the 6th, and swing by on our way back (for the SE folks).

Does anyone want to commit at this point, or am I going to be stuck wheeling by myself?

Back