• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Carpooling

87manche

NAXJA Forum User
Fuel is expensive.
post up your load capability/route and expected mileage and maybe we can all save some dough.

I will have room for one jeep and 2-3 passengers.

Leaving from Ashland OH, probably hitting up 80 and going west, might do 70, depends, I'm flexible. There's virtually no mileage difference, so I'll take whatever is closest to my prospective passengers. You will not need a trailer, so you can drive to meet me somewhere along the route. I have all the needed straps and tie downs. Your jeep will go in the space meant for my comanche, so no trouble fitting big stupid jeeps.

I will not have sleeping quarters for you. Welcome to stay in our campsite and sleep in a tent and use my cooking/sink facilities. We intend to sleep in the motorhome so we'll work something out for the way there and back. Or, if you're cool driving my truck, we can drive in shifts and bang out the trip in a day and a half.

I expect to get 6-8 MPG with two jeeps(worst case numbers, I expect better after my bodyswap, but can't guarantee it). We split fuel.
Too soon to say departure time, but expect the 2nd or so. We plan to get there early and do Arches and some of the other parks.

Last edited:
If Justin can't go, I'll take it!

ok, so it looks like I've got riders. WHo's next?

fuels gonna be 5 bucks a gallon by the time this event happens. Figure it out now people.

Oh, I'm going! Lol.

Sweet! Mine is still highway friendly, I'll drive it if I have to! Still trying to talk brad into getting a 2 place trailer! :D

I'm looking for a ride from Ohio but will travel close to hop in a seat.

You're welcome to come and ride with me, I'll need a co driver or two!

You're welcome to come and ride with me, I'll need a co driver or two!

Unless I end up with a one ton and two place count me in! I really doubt we will have one so your chances are good lol

Tentatively myself, Pmain, and Forewheeler are going to rent/steal/borrow/buy a 3 place wedge and tow it with my truck. If the three of us drive (i.e. none of the three want to fly out), we will hopefully pull it off in 30+ish hours driving straight thru...possibly leaving the 4th or 5th of October and starting the drive back on the 13th...as far as a convoy. Planning on only three in the truck so one guy can be sleeping in the back seat for relief.

My wife will probably fly out for a couple days so as to only leave the baby with the grandparents for four or 5 days.

We will take I70 out of Indy.

mac 'driving to California in Feb' gyvr

You lost me there?? Driving to Utah in October??

KOH in Feb

Moab in Oct

mac 'I should buy stock in diesel' gyvr

Back