• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand Lake Weekend

kenny811

NAXJA Forum User
Spent a great weekend in the sun & sand!!

Camp Kenny
DSCF0019.jpg

Getting ready to ride
DSCF0023.jpg

Sittin on cell phone hill
DSCF0028.jpg

Pulling broke down dude back his camp
DSCF0029.jpg

Watching some clouds blow by
DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0076.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

Great Times!!
DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

In the wash out
DSCF0038.jpg

Just crusin by
DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

I GOT SAND!!!!
DSCF0107.jpg

Are those the 250cc 4x4's? They look fun.

One is a Polaris Trail Blazer 330. It's 2wheel drive. "Kenny's bike"

The other one is a Polaris Scrambler 500. And it's a shift on the fly AWD. "My bike"
Both bikes are automatics. They are great all around trail riders/sand toys. They're not the fastest bikes when out on the sand. Yet when out on the trail Ive never had the need for anything faster. These bikes have been nothing but fun and reliable!

We have a 500ho where I work and it don't look near as good at yours. They still look fun. Does the 500 have enough power to climb out of one of the tree line holes? I use to love getting stuck in those and spending hours getting out. It was kinda like playing a game to me.

I cant, im installing the new winch post on Waterfall. That's the date so fare. Fire danger might change it, but I have not heard that yet.

Scott I'm going the 26th to the 1st of Sep. I would be there the 7,8,9th If we werent moving.

I'm just goin down for a short weekend to tame my need for speed.

Tried to plan a week of camping down there but that week conflicted with dunefest. And I like the peacefulness of sand camping.. Dunefest would have destroyed that.

I'm just goin down for a short weekend to tame my need for speed.

Tried to plan a week of camping down there but that week conflicted with dunefest. And I like the peacefulness of sand camping.. Dunefest would have destroyed that.

Ya thats why I sand camp also.I was at drift wood 2 sand camping and saw crazymoose.
I had what I think was one of the best spots.but your not legally susposto drink on the sand even camping (but I still do)

Ya thats why I sand camp also.I was at drift wood 2 sand camping and saw crazymoose.
I had what I think was one of the best spots.but your not legally susposto drink on the sand even camping (but I still do)

Yea that's where I camp aswell. Siltcoos area down by driftwood 2

Have any of you guys been to Horsefall,Houser or Winchester? Big fun to be had at those places also. I have only been to those places with super built over the top sand machines, so really I don't know how fun it would be in a jeep though.

Hopefully next year should be more fun for my family and I. I now own the motorhome free and clear so that gives me up to $300.00 a month to spend on fuel. Also paid off some credit cards to.

I found when I use to sand camp is. If your a reasonable sane adult and keep it in a red solo cup they tend to leave you alone. If your up all night attracting attention to your self and racing back and forth with piles of beer cans everywhere your going to be sited.

Yea that's where I camp aswell. Siltcoos area down by driftwood 2

Yup space 19 on the water road. we pulled about 8-12 atv ou tof the water, a few of the dips where 2 2-1/2 feet deep of water, I also got a 4 runner out that hydro locked and bent a rod.:twak: and ya on the drinking if nobody complains and every one is acting responisibly even when they come into camp and your holding a beer in a can they will look the other way.

Its not much fun with a Cherokee, they just dont have the pony's. That's why I still have my quad. I like cruising the beach and going inland to check stuff out, but on the sand the XJ can't get out of its own way. Once the Jeepster is finished that will be a totally different story, 400hp in something hopefully pretty light should be fun. If so I will probably sell the Raptor. I will be heading down again the last week in August, probably going to stay on our sand park
Unless I find someone to load my quad and portage my quad to the big dunes.

Its not much fun with a Cherokee, they just dont have the pony's. That's why I still have my quad. I like cruising the beach and going inland to check stuff out, but on the sand the XJ can't get out of its own way. Once the Jeepster is finished that will be a totally different story, 400hp in something hopefully pretty light should be fun. If so I will probably sell the Raptor. I will be heading down again the last week in August, probably going to stay on our sand park
Unless I find someone to load my quad and portage my quad to the big dunes.

Yeah, The Sand is the only area I know I'll miss the power of my zj. But the ironic side of that is I'm buying a late model and then a raptor 700r to fill the gap!

Back