• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight harness upgrade?

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to upgrade my wiring and had a few questions about it:

Just wondering if anyone can give me a direct link to the right eautoworks harness.
I see quite a few on their site and am not sure which is the right one.

Also anythin I need to add to the harness when I get it?
I read about an inline fuse somewhere being added that it did not come with.

Is this the harness i should get?http://www.eautoworks.com/Putco-H4--9003-Heavy-Duty-Headlight-Upgrade-Wiring-Harness-PRD7540.aspx

Last edited:
Have you thought of possibly a better quality harness? I have the one
from these guys and I am very happy with it. Hella relays, and the wire is actually from a factory down the road from them, PA USA:yelclap: Great build quality.
http://www.rallylights.com

Cruiser’s Headlight Upgrade Harness Instructions

Absolutely plug and play. Remove grille and headlamp bulbs. I fed my harnesses from the passenger side starting between the battery and the back of the headlamp housing, over to the driver side. Plug the driver side bulb into the new harness. Attach the new harness's ground wire under one of the small bolts on the radiator support after scraping the paint off under it. Attach the harness to the existing harness behind the grille working toward the passenger side. . Plug the new harness plug into passenger headlamp. Plug original headlamp plug into receptacle on new harness. Attach the ground for the passenger side just like you did the driver side under a radiator support bolt. Attach relays with provided bracket on the passenger side inner fender. Connect power wires to battery.

Listen to Greg. He is a wise man. Only thing I don't like about that harness is only one fuse and two relays but the wiring is top notch and solid, you can throw it in and upgrade under the hood later without having to redo behind the headlights. I'm running the same right now and haven't got around to reworking it yet even though I have the stuff to do it because I have this nasty job thing to go to every day...

The LMCtruck harness is better than the eautoworks one, costs about 10$ more usually. Otherwise can make your own.

I have the eAutoworks harness and hate it.

The quality is crap. I'm rebuilding all the connections and replacing the relays.

I don't know about the other harnesses mentioned but they have to be better.

Just ordered the LMC one.
It's not the same as the eautoworks one btw.
Relays are different and possibly better.

so is there an fuse I should put somewhere???? Which fuse and where???

Thanks all! Can't wait to actually see at night.

Just finished rebuilding my NSS and I have reverse lights again, yay!!!
God they suck lol.
Guess it's time for a light in back eh?

Just ordered the LMC one.
It's not the same as the eautoworks one btw.
Relays are different and possibly better.

so is there an fuse I should put somewhere???? Which fuse and where???

Thanks all! Can't wait to actually see at night.

Just finished rebuilding my NSS and I have reverse lights again, yay!!!
God they suck lol.
Guess it's time for a light in back eh?

What year XJ? If early, #795 bulbs have the standard base with a halogen lamp. Work great.

Nobody has mentioned that cibies also has a harness, I'm sure the quality is probably top notch.

I just made my own. It was cheaper and you can make it as long or short as you need so you can route the wires where you want to. There are plenty of writeups to tell you what wires are for each tab on the relays. I got all my stuff from Oriely auto parts. They are easy and fast to make and you can also make it from and gauge wire you choose.

For the record, I have the eautoworks harness and its worked great for about 3 years so far.

So I tried those 795s cruiser.

My bulbs have 2 terminals on them where the 795s have only one. I got one to fit....sorta but when I twisted it just didn't feel right.
I think I have the other style of fitting. I'm gonna start a different thread....

I think I already have the 2357s. they're brighter than my buddy's XJ.
I see some H1157s that are halogen. Would thise work/fit/not blow or melt anything?
Thanks btw for the off topic replies Cruiser lol.

Last edited:
Back