• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Black Sheep

BoringDave

NAXJA Forum User
Fresh from BoringDave's monster garage!

I figured everyone else is giving their junk cute little nic names so i did to. I figured I'm one of the black Sheeps of the dysfunctional nwc so it would be fitting.

It runs and drives after almost a year! A few little things to tweak here and there but should be trail ready in a couple more weeks.
1871b4ee-b4d3-172d.jpg

1871b4ee-b6a7-eb55.jpg

Last edited:
That should make it down the trail!

Well, I got the high steer finally installed and got to drive it! This is the first time in over a year my wrangler has gone over 25mph with a human in it.
It still needs some tweaking, and maybe a steering damper installed. But it drove up and down my street ok. Even with flat tires, since I never aired back up on my last trip out.

5u7y6yha.jpg

I likey ALOT, Dave!!! Nice job... I have a weak spot for YJs, my first Jeep ever was a '93 Renegade... sure do miss that rig!!!

Last edited:
I likey ALOT, Dave!!! Nice job... I have a weak spot for YJs, my first Jeep ever was a '93 Renegade... sure do miss that rig!!!

I would love to get my hands on a Renegade for a daily driver. I have a 4banger diesel sitting in the corner of my shop. It's just counting down the days till I find a doner body for the right price.

Just got done hosing out the interior. I love having no carpet and vynle seats!
I'll be headed to the DMV this week to make it street legal again after two years of being bumper pulled. It's going to take a little help from the eastern part of our state of Oregon.

Congrats Dave!!!!
That's gotta be a big weight off your shoulders.
Thats been a looong time coming!

Back