• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bear hunting

mako my day

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone here bear hunt? Successfully? I have tried for 6 years, so I am obviously doing it wrong.
I hunt the D8 area for a couple weeks a year. Archery only, at the end of August
It's time I pay for a guide, or pay for some insider info.

have you taken a woman on her period along with you? i hear they can smell that shit. might not be worth the nagging though.

Do your research, scout and be patient. They will come :)

1289331126749.jpg

Killing a Bear with a Bow and arrow?

Sounds like an easy way to piss a bear off.

Only when you miss and the arrow hits his shoulder. Then he's really pissed and growls and jumps quiet high before he bolts and takes off.

I carry a knife as my backup.
A firearm is not allowed while bow hunting in Archery Only season. It's a California No No. Big fines. Bow and arrow only, no sidearm.
I do practice all year.
Dove, quail, deer, cotton tails, jacks, coyote, pheasant, ducks............Archery baby.

Last edited:
Mako, you are braver than I

I understand not wanting people to use firearms during archery only season, but if things went bad, I would like some form of backup.

Guess you cant count on people not hunting Southpark Style

"Its coming right for us! Blam! Blam!"

Back