• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission cooler Hose barb fittings

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sure in one of the threads I've looked at, this info has been posted but there is a lot of info to wade through and I have a serious ADD problem (look, a shiny thing)

I'm getting ready to install a B&M cooler, a screw on filter and some screw in MM to AN fittings such as Grimm did here, http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1045807&page=3

What I am looking for specifically is replacement barbed fittings that will work on the radiator side. I'm using a CSF radiator and the bottom fitting is not removable so I will only need a replacement for the upper fitting.

Anyone have this handy?

You could make something similar with a fitting, a small piece of hard line, and a flare tool. Make a double flare (doesn't even have to be "quality". Slide the hose over the hard line past the flare. Double clamp the line onto the hard line. Put the "nuts" on opposite sides of the hose.

Sorry, not big on AN fittings. If you are going to go though all that trouble, hardline the entire thing except where the joint needs to flex ( or where connecting to the cooler ). It is cheaper, more dependable, and easier to work on. Allow 6" of hose for flex joints.

Good Luck on your project!!

The an fittings are the only ones I've seen that adapt to the 14.5 mm or whatever it is that comes off the transmission. I don't really care if the one on the radiator is a true AN style as long as it will be compatible with the hose.

I'd run a 'soft' AN hose, like the black nylon cloth ones, those should allow you enough squeeze to hose clamp it to the connection at the radiator. As was mentioned, a flare will help keep it on, just dont go all the way into a double, or you might not be able to get the AN hose on without chafing the inside, or at all.

Something like this? If you cut the flare for the QD off the rad fitting, isn't it just 3/8" tube?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-2200075/

Think the description is wrong, but I know I've seen fittings with a fractional compression connection on one end, and AN hose on the other. Think it was on a fuel rail.

Check GrimmJeeper's thread on it; someone posted some part numbers in there that might help you.

Last edited:
Ive used those on fuel rails, they come in 2 sizes, dunno if they'll work for you, theyre 5/16ths, and 3/8ths, iirc, dunno if other sizes are available. You have to have an X ammount of straight tubing for it to work too, i beleive anplumbing.com has a video that says...

Got 2 brass fittings from Home Depot, and kept the original trans lines fittings. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Too drunk now

Back