• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More taxes for people who drive SUV's

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
Head this on OPB this morning they are starting a pilot program this summer for tracking miles on cars and taxing them accordingly. Yeah this is just wonderful (sarcasm) I am sticking my foot in my mouth now but stupid Prius's, ODOT is saying because more cars are getting better miles per gallon they are using less fuel. And that means less revenue for fixing and maintaining roads. The people with hybrids say they love this program because it would tax more of the people driving SUVs that spew more pollution. AHHHHHHHHH PRIUS's.

:hang: :skull1::eyes:

I heard about a different pilot program that would track milage thru your cell phone.... so even if you drive an XJ on 40's and get 5mpg... but only use it for beer runs, you'll pay less than the Prius owner who commutes 60 miles a day.... Its a way to get the PZEV/Electric/Hybrid vehicle owners to pay "their far share" of road taxes....
I'm just not too fond of the whole idea, because there's no way of telling who is a passenger and who is a driver, and whether or not someone is on a bus/train/bike....
Not to mention the whole "big brother" aspect of it all.

Yes I agree Josh, I dont understand why these states can't manage there money, we have to!!! The communist state of California is billions in debt, there not screwing with tracking people. I will check now and see what they are paying for gas, I bet it's less that what we are paying?

I found a place in Cali selling gas for 3.85, I paid 3.82 yesterday to fill up Jeremy's truck. That's with my Safeway .03 cent discount.

What? We have democrats in both the white house and as state governor, and you didn't expect more stupid ass taxes?

Quit watching tv commercials and think about this stuff around election season.

(not directed at you, Jason. Sorry it sounds that way)

Last edited:
I think the solution would be to put a 200% tax on non-commercial diesel fuel.

Its okay Scott I usually think I'm pretty well informed when in fact I'm not. Or maybe I'm just naive? I dont think the people who are enjoying the cheap diesel would agree with you Darrin. Your also right Scott I'm tired of the 99% shit I do agree with some of the stuff there saying, however I bet when its time to vote, they dont. I also see this with OHV's they keep closing trails and we hardly put up a fight, I always think I should do more, and I should, we all should VOTE, and Participate. INSTEAD OF LAYING DOWN AND GETTING RUN OVER!!!!!!!!

Sorry its just how I feel......

Last edited:
the tracking mileage is ONLY for some hybrids and none gas vehicles. they will not be tracking the mileage on gas vehicle.. basically if you car gets over 40mpg of gas or electric this will affect you. for everyone else nothing changes..

they are doing this because we pay more in road taxes(tax payed at gas pump) that is "the more gas you use is equal to your road use"... ( the more you drive the more gas you buy)
with electric and hybrids they use the road but dot get gas or rarely do so they are not paying the same as everyone else. (they are getting around paying the road tax)

SO if your paying $10 in taxes at the pump to drive 300miles a hybrid is paying $3 and an electric is not paying any.
So the state is losing tax income from all the fuel efficient vehicles that are doing ware and tare on the roads and emergency road service. they are trying to make up lost income by taxing the people that are not paying there part to maintain the roads they use.

Last edited:
what they should do is every hybrid or none gas vehicles go in for a milage reading 4 times a year. have a tec look at the odometer. there would be no confusion on how far the car has gone.... no big brother tracking your location. and it would put people to work.... shot you could have you insurance company do it.

shoot I would just leave my phone at home all the time.. cant track my mileage if i don't bring the phone with me... or if i let someone use my car....there is so many loop holes it is the government.

Last edited:
Thought this fit in well here:

fb652c312a9248856b3b8641e2d709a4-truck-outfitted-with-prius-repellent.jpg

Why is America the only sissy country in the world that wont stand up and fight to take what is theirs back? Oh ya, because people only care about themselves, they dont wanna miss American idol and we gotta work tomorrow. Sad.

Why is America the only sissy country in the world that wont stand up and fight to take what is theirs back? Oh ya, because people only care about themselves, they dont wanna miss American idol and we gotta work tomorrow. Sad.

we are a sissy country, Because little boy's in Yellow Wranglers, who want to take away your constitutional rights and amendments, are all that is left in today's Day and age.

we are a sissy country, Because little boy's in Yellow Wranglers, who want to take away your constitutional rights and amendments, are all that is left in today's Day and age.

I'm afraid your right in our attemp at keeping everyone happy and not hurting anyones feeling someones always going to get screwed. And it seems its us. :bs:

Get ready for more guys. The republicans and democrats are the same: 4 trillion dollars dumped into the insolvent banks in the last four years. We can't run 1.6 million dollar deficits. We are going down like Greece, Spain and
the rest. They will kick the can and then place "austerity" measures on us.

Again, multiple crimes by the banks, no prosecutions. A banana republic.

They will slowly take away our gun rights first. We are worlds different from Greece and Spain in that regard. They wont let it break until they are sure they can "fix" it and remain in control.

Political talk goes into the politics section of the forum.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back