• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 support structure

Ron Hyslop

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a transmission beam(mine badly bent up)in junk yard and to my surprise the AW4 support structure mount hole are offset from my Renix. Any body know what year that changed(I found the beam laying around a junk yard all ready removed from the car). I suspect I can buy a newer support that will bolt up to the transmission in the existing holes.

Did you try spinning it around yet? And are you sure what year it came off of as you say it was already off and laying there. All the aftermarket ones are listing all years so my guess is that all the stock ones are the same. And it's actually called the transmission cross member and what mounts in-between that and the transmission is a transmission mount. As opposed to a transmission beam and a support structure. Just clarifying that so others might know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
IIRC 00-01 have the mounting holes centered while the 87-99 have them offset in that strange way. I don't know Renix too well though.

edit: can you find the 8 digit part number on it anywhere? If you can I can figure out what exactly it was intended for. It'll be 8 digits stamped in and may also include a two letter revision code suffix.

Back