• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Rear End Question

ARGLE707

NAXJA Forum User
I have 1990 Jeep xj and the spacer in the the diff. broke!
none of the gears are broken or the teeth. Im not very well experience in this area, any suggestions on how i should go about this?

Should I get a complete rear axle ??? trying to find the cheap way to go about this. I do know, its a dana 35 and 3.55 gears. any suggestions, fully apperciated. thx

The spacer? Explain a little more please. If its something that would require gear work, I'd look for a 97+ Chrysler 8.25. It'll bolt in and cost you no more than $200. Is your jeep lifted or anything?

Last edited:
the jeep is lifted 3.5 inch and has 33 inch tires, when i was driving the jeep it made a horrible loud noise like i was dragging something and so i pulled off the diff. cover and put it on floor jack and spun the gears and the spacer in the gears and noticed there was a chunck missing from it and i counted the gears and rings and no teeth missing...... I just dont know what to do at this point... a friend recommended the chrysler 8.25 to upgrade, but i unsure is that a whole axle or that a whole gear that drops in the diff.?? where would i be able to find this? and would i be able to install it myself? thank again

Back