• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hard Mount MV50 compressor

SanDiegoOverland

NAXJA Forum User
Used it once again today with a new to me clip-on type air valve.

My left rear tire has a slow leak from a nail that I keep neglecting to get fixed. It was a bit low as I was leaving work to pickup the chitlin's, so I clipped on my hose, fired it up, and it aired it up from 24 to 36 in about a minute...

not freakin' bad for a free $50.00 lil' compressor.

I've heard rave reviews from other folks, and definitely feel better having it along for the ride. It's mounted in the cubby area opposite the spare tire mount in the back. I cut out that opening and made a little shelf for it to sit on and then hardwired it back to Blue sea fuse block next to the battery with a 30amp fuse.

If you have a chance to pick one up, fear not. They work great on 30-31" tires which a lot of us seem to run on our DD's and weekend warriors.

Cheers,

SDO

Last edited:
You seem impressed with the product.

Why don't you do a "Write-up" complete with EQ list, where you mounted it, how you get power to it, and some pix?

These are great compressors. I've had mine for 4 years now and it's still going strong. It bounced around in the back of the Jeep for god knows how long, broke the handle, bent the legs, broke the filter off, and bent the gauge... it's still going haha. I need to give it a little TLC.

I used my MV-50 with 37's for several years, was always happy with it. It finally threw a rod a few months ago, I may pick up another one.. may look for something faster.

Very good for the buck, though.

When I switched from the CJ to the XJ, I reluctantly sold my 20# CO2 tank and bought one of these. It's not nearly as fast as the tank, but with the screw on connector, I can attach it and walk away. I accidentally pulled the compressor too far from the battery once and pulled apart the power chord from the motor. Easy fix to reconnect. Still working fine after four years. Works faster with the XJ's motor running. Just wish it was quieter...

I too would love to see a write up on your mount. I've considered trying to shoe horn mine under the hood but don't think it would fit.

This is an awesome compressor, I hard mounted mine and I also changed the wiring to 10 gauge wire. I have mine feeding an auxilary tank, front and rear air lockers and an quick release air hose.

Back