• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle CAD chromoly shafts?

sam24th

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I want to get a couple of thoughts of ideas for my front D30 axle. Currently I have a 1990 XJ with D30 front disconnect. The disconnect currently does not work and cannot work since I have a 242 Tcase and the vacuum hoses are all missing.

So my dilemma is, I want to upgrade my front axle and am torn between eliminating the front disconnect. I really would like to keep it and use a posi-lok but I cannot seem to find chromoly shafts for the disconnect axle. Does anyone know of a company that makes the 2 peice shaft needed to retain the axle disconnect?

I have no idea why anyone would want to keep the disconect shaft just get a one piece and be done with it

There are no chromo or alloys for the CAD, unfortunately. The idea of the posi-lok is great. You can run a one-piece shaft, eliminating the vac-disco.

Well the only reason I wanted to retain the CAD is because I wanted to throw a locker up front and funds dont permit a e-locker or air locker. So I wanted to be able to disconnect the front similar to hubs on my toyota if I threw a spool up front or something.

Lunchbox locker + upgraded shafts + posi lok = ~selectable locker. So, I would say, save some more and get what you want.

Well the only reason I wanted to retain the CAD is because I wanted to throw a locker up front and funds dont permit a e-locker or air locker. So I wanted to be able to disconnect the front similar to hubs on my toyota if I threw a spool up front or something.

No spool for the 30, just get a one piece shaft and a aussie or lockrite and be done

Back