• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's it worth?

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My uncle is thinking of selling his XJ, but is not sure what it's worth... Maybe you guys can help out. I don't have any pictures, sorry. But here is a good discription.

1991 XJ 4dr -230k
4.0L rebuilt about 10k ago
AW4
NP231 w/SYE.

Tera knuckle + Tera alumarod steering
Rubicon D44 front, 4.88's Detroit locker chromo shafts, 5 on 4.5" warn hubs
XJ D44 rear, 4.88's, Detroit locker
Full Traction 6" Long Arm
35" MT/R's on 15x8 black steel wheels (the tires have lots of tread but may be dry rotted, they are about 8 years old and it's been sitting parked for about 6 years)
Full armor, front winch bumper with Warn M10,000, rear tire carrier with Jerry can, rock sliders, rhino lined 1/2 the body (up to the door handles)

That's pretty much it. Starts and runs great but has horrible death wobble.

What do you guys think is a fair asking price?

honestly unless it's super clean it's going to be hard to get more than $2k for it. he will make much much more off it by parting it out, the axles alone are worth half of that.

It's pretty nice, not the cleanest XJ around but it was built up nice (not slapped together)He thought he could get $10k for it though... I laughed. lol

If the cosmetics are clean I would say in the $3K range.

His Jeep is worth 5 midget hookers and a bag of lays BBQ chips.

Or, I'd pay 3-3.5k for something like that. Fix the death wobble, wash it, change all the fluids and keep the reciepts. Gather every reciept you can find for it, put them all in a folder and show to buyers.

Yea he has all the receipts. Problem is he doesn't know how to change his own oil, so he paid a shop $$$$$$$ to build it. He paid something like $15k total. Freak'n crazy. But yea, the cosmetics are clean, interior is in good shape. No dents for the most part.

Sounds like it needs some work if he wants to get top $ (tires, new fluids, and fix DW).

That would likely cost you around 1k (more if he is paying a shop to do everything) and you could ask $4k. Or just sell it as is for $3k and let someone else fix it they way they want.

i agree 2.5-3.5 tops. been sitting for 6 years isnt good. you have the major possibility of rodent problems, seals that may have dried up. then there is the registration status. etc etc. he should give it to you Renegade :)

Back