• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel cell plumbing ??

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
questions for those in the know.

I am plumbing a fuel cell, and want to replace the fuel feed line, cell to rail. I am feeding the filter and pump with AN-8 as the pump (E2000) doesn't like to work hard to get the fuel, but figure AN-6 will suffice from the pump on, as that matches the stock lines and would keep good flow and pressure.

Secondly would plumbing the fuel cell vent into the stock line running to the charcoal cannister be acceptable? Normally the cannister takes fumes, and more often then not that's all it would get, but on the off chance I roll it "may" get a bit of fuel... is that ok?

Or can I remove the charcoal cannister altogether, or would it mess with the OBDII, causing codes?

So questions

#1, AN-6 from pump to fuel rail? yes/no, if no why?
#2, can I vent the fuel cell to the cannister the way a stock tank is?
#3, can I remove the cannister without causing codes?

thanks for any and all help.

What year are you working with. There is an adapter ring out there that I used with a custom cell and my oem pump on my 98.

'97, but I already have everything, just want to confirm a few things before I plumb it.

I would prefer to remove the cannister altogether, as this is a trail only rig... but I don't feel like seeing the CE light all the time even if on the trail.

So questions

#1, AN-6 from pump to fuel rail? yes/no, if no why?
#2, can I vent the fuel cell to the cannister the way a stock tank is?
#3, can I remove the cannister without causing codes?

thanks for any and all help.
#1 - Yes. I am running -6AN with no issues along with many other folks
#2 - I don't see why not, but use a rollover/check valve either way.
#3 - Canister maybe, the rest of the stuff that goes with it (solenoid, etc), then No.

I got rid of mine on the 98.

#1 - Yes. I am running -6AN with no issues along with many other folks
#2 - I don't see why not, but use a rollover/check valve either way.
#3 - Canister maybe, the rest of the stuff that goes with it (solenoid, etc), then No.

sounds good gents, thanks for the feed back.

Back