• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 no start need a gurus help

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
Hey kids I have a friend with a 95xj ho 4x4, befor they called me they replaced the cps coil wires plugs cap and rotor. I got there tested the new cps its good, also replaced the pickup sensor in the dist. What other then thing things listed will cause crank and fuel but no spark? Thanks for the help everyone!

Peace
Ted

Did you check and make sure the distributor turns when cranking...broken shaft? Checked power to the coil?

No starts are easy. Take your time and don't start switching a bunch of parts, otherwise you'll never know why it wouldn't start. Try intermittent no starts or other problems which can't be duplicated on demand. Good luck. Check fuses and fusible links also.

do u have your ignition on a aux cable off the positive battery terminal? if so check the conection. may sound dumb, but 9 times out of 10 no starts are something dumb... maybe trans sensor is bad? is it autp or manual?

Testing a CPS with a meter is a hit or miss proposition at best. If you have been cranking quite a bit, I would also replace the plugs since they are probably wet fouled.

Back