• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front bump stops on early XJ

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
OK, this past week I installed a set of poly bumpstops on a customers XJ, it was an 89 just like mine and had the "smaller" diameter bumpstops. I believe they were Daystar's and I know they were ordered from 4wheelparts. Now I went to 4wheelparts yesterday to buy the same ones for my XJ and they say they only make what they had on the shelf and they were the wrong ones (bigger diameter TJ style) I checked Daystars site and sure enough those are the only ones they show and it says it will work for 84-01 XJ's....I know for a fact they wont, they are too big.

Does anybody have a link or part number I can use to find the bumpstops I need?

If not then I guess I'll have to wait until the shop opens again on monday to find the box with the part # but I was wanting to get this done this weekend....

Most of the descriptions for Daystar bumpstops list the wrong years. I just put put Daystar bumpstops on my '91. The package says KJ09114BK, 97-01 Cherokee, small diameter. I think the are the right ones for an '89 also. They are 2" longer than stock and way stiffer.

Most of the descriptions for Daystar bumpstops list the wrong years. I just put put Daystar bumpstops on my '91. The package says KJ09114BK, 97-01 Cherokee, small diameter. I think the are the right ones for an '89 also. They are 2" longer than stock and way stiffer.

Cool, thanks for the part number... Those are the right ones!

Back