• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window motor is shot

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
my driver side window motor is shot on my 2 door. i have a manual regulator for a 4 door but i know that wont work.

anyone know if i can just get the motor off or do i have to pull the entire regulator assembly?

kinda stuck right now with no way to roll window up and i cant leave the jeep outside that way, not the best part of town

You will have to pull the motor and regulator as an assembly. :(

Pull the door panel and see what is going on. I've had problems with the wiring to the motor breaking off. I re-attached the wires by crimping on an eye, and running a small sheet metal screw into the motor terminal.

the wiring is good. i even tried wiring it straight to the hot/ground and vice versa, the motor is shot. i have an extra door from a 92 and i examined the mounts and they look exactly the same and i tested the regulator straight to a battery and it goes up and down so im gonna swap that in. i also have a manual 4 door regulator and that seems like it will bolt right up if need be. the door is an 89 on my 92. the manual is from a 89. the electric is from a 92.

Back