• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Discolored door handles 2000 Cherokee

oldbill

NAXJA Forum User
The door handles on our 2000 Cherokee have become faded. Also the last time I had it washed and waxed the guy put wax on the door handles and now I have white spots that don't want to wash off or come off. Is there anything that will remove the white streaking from the wax and restore the color (black) to the door handles?
Thanks,
Bill

You could try a little acetone on a rag and/or toothbrush, try to keep it off the paint, it'll definitely strip the wax off, then Armorall them. That usually cleans mine up.

I have a bottle of Mothers Back to Black. It's great for a few weeks, then leaves dark streaks all over the Jeep when it rains.

Take it back to your detailer and make him clean it off.

It's a naturally occurring phenomenon here in the midwest (and other parts of the world, I hear), where evaporated dihydrogen monoxide concentrations in the atmosphere reach levels where the stuff condenses and falls to the earth as liquid precipitation. Really nasty. Erodes soil, corrodes metals, disrupts electrical circuits... Seriously, it's dangerous stuff.

Back