• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On-rail fuel pressure gauge

There is all kinds of ways to do this if youve allready done AN fuel rail conversion. I would use female hard line tubing adapters at the fuel rail feed, then something like earls# X700192 , a -6m to -6m union, with a 1/8th npt port in the middle, then stick a gauge on that.

What happens when you have to releive pressure at the fuel rail, but have a gauge stuck on there? You gonna wait 24h for it to self releive? Nonsense!

edit: They even have a -6f to -6m with a 1/8th npt port in the middle... earls #X700195 (actually xrp parts, but available at anplumbing.com). I could in theory add this in, for roughly $40, god damn i love AN.
http://www.anplumbing.com/Extras/Gauges+|+Adapters-62.html

Last edited:
Thats a very good question! From my understanding, the feed port will see the same pressure thats at the injector feeds. when pressure builds to the pressure the regulators set at, it opens the diversion circuit, preventing more pressure building up, ie regulating it.

Im tempted to go buy the stuff required, and check it to a guage at the schraeder.

What happens when you have to releive pressure at the fuel rail, but have a gauge stuck on there? You gonna wait 24h for it to self releive? Nonsense!
Pull the starter relay while its running and let it die.

Back