• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HO swap help needed

amcrawler78

NAXJA Forum User
Im doing a HO swap in a 89 mj... Im using a harness and engine out of a 96XJ... i am having trouble figuring out how to wire up the fuel pump and tail lights... thanks

adam

Fuel pump wont work if your engine is the 96 as well its a single fuel line and internally regulated in 96. also i never figured the right was to wire the tail lights with the 96 steering column so the brake lights would intterupt the turn signal when its on i did go down to wal mart and get a trailer isolator box so they would work but i think the turn signal still stops in the back when i hit the brakes if your running the pre 96 column its a piece of cake the pin out will tell yoou what wire to use off the colum harness for the brake lights to work right with the turn signals on.

i welded the sender off of the 96 xj to the upper part of the sender for my mj and hooked it up and it works great but no fuel level i got in a rush you can do the dakota tank thing and it has the same style fuel system. in gonna get a fuel cell and a pump out of sumit one of these days.

Back