• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which switch is this switch?

LYKOS

NAXJA Forum User
2001 XJ

It does NOT have factor fog lights.

When I put my winch bumper on I noticed a wiring harness hanging down below the radiator. I thought "Cool, it's wired for fog lights."

Yesterday while changing the dashlights over to LED noticed somthing else.

Like all late XJ's my switch for rear defrost and rear wiper is located below the radio. There is a blank switch plate I assumed was for fog lights. when I had the panel out I noticed wiring stuck in the back of this switch blank.

Is my police work good here? Are the wires below the radiator there for fog lights as well as the wiring to the back of the switch blank?

Thanks

The wire plug on the front cross member is for the optional overhead console temp sensor. The dash wires are for the fog lamp switch, but they terminate at the firewall. You can use a factory switch to power a fog lamp circuit you install yourself. Fog lamps will not plug n play unless the Cherokee had fog lamps installed at the factory.

Ahhhhh OK. Thanks!!!! Hmmmm... I ight just use that wiring instead of fabbing something up then. Any idea where on the firewall it terminates?

This is the factory switch, hook up your wires close to the switch.

standard.jpg

Back