• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running temp just over 210

Are you using the stock gauges or an aftermarket? I run mine at 210*! I have a separate fan controller so I can set it for any range but I keep mine set to come on at 210*. I am also not running the 4.0l!

might be time for a flush, but my 99 sits just a tick *under* 210 (as in, if the gauge is perfectly accurate maybe 207-208) and as far as I understand that is perfectly normal operating temperature for an XJ.

Is just a dashboard gauge, not a scientific instrument. Confirm the temp reading with an IR temperature gun at the thermostat housing. 195- 210* is the approximate temp a normal 4.0L runs at. If it always runs at the same temp it should be fine.

I have a 2001 and if i sit in traffic my gauge will run slightly over the 210 mark until the e-fan turns on then drops down.

If i'm cruising on the street it'll sit below 210. When I'm on the freeway lugging around 65mph, then it's just a tick below 210.

Back