• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RMS question with pic

bigalpha

I had my RMS replaced locally a while ago and now I'm leaking almost as bad as before. Took a look and this is what I see (Click for huge):

Thoughts?

yeah, pull the cover plate. Mine was all scungy like that but when I pulled it yesterday the flexplate itself was dry as a bone. If the RMS is leaking there will likely be oil inside the bellhousing. I'm pretty sure mine is the VC gasket just need to wait for it to get here to fix0r.

yeah, pull the cover plate. Mine was all scungy like that but when I pulled it yesterday the flexplate itself was dry as a bone. If the RMS is leaking there will likely be oil inside the bellhousing. I'm pretty sure mine is the VC gasket just need to wait for it to get here to fix0r.

Yep. Oil flows downhill just like other liquids. Always start at the top with the easy stuff.

rear part of the pan gasket didn't seat in the groove on the rear bearing cap would be my guess. take it back and show them the pic and see if they'll warranty a new gasket and the labor. If not pull the pan and seat the gasket in the groove and hold it to the block with rtv before putting the pan on.

the reason I say this is the obvious rubber pieces sticking out of the back of the pan.

I know my valve cover gasket is leaking but i was concerned with how the gasket looked. I am not sure if it is supposed to look like this. I also had the oil filter adapter o rings replaced at the same time.

the pieces of rubber sticking out the back of the pan are not supposed to be there man, lol.

the pan needs to be dropped again. period.

Back