• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mechanic help in Seattle area

sjx40250

NAXJA Forum User
I am from Portland but my Daughter is in Seattle with my 98xj. Looks like the Power Steering pump needs replacement. I am in Wash DC and cant do the work. Do you guys know of a good mechanic/auto repair near Queen Anne?

I am from Portland but my Daughter is in Seattle with my 98xj. Looks like the Power Steering pump needs replacement. I am in Wash DC and cant do the work. Do you guys know of a good mechanic/auto repair near Queen Anne?

3rd for ACRO, good guys.

If Auburn is too far to go with a burned up pump I can help her out this weekend, I'm in Lynnwood and I have a spare pump off my 1997.

I would not recommend Auburn car repair and off road for the reason that his turn around time is slow. :repair:

He has had my 93 XJ in his shop for over a week and has not touched it. All I get is excuses on how he's backed up. But yet he failed to tell me that up front when made my appoinment and I asked him how long it would take to repair my rig.

I am about ready to go down there a have my rig towed to the dealership :gonnablow

I would not recommend Auburn car repair and off road for the reason that his turn around time is slow. :repair:

He has had my 93 XJ in his shop for over a week and has not touched it. All I get is excuses on how he's backed up. But yet he failed to tell me that up front when made my appoinment and I asked him how long it would take to repair my rig.

I am about ready to go down there a have my rig towed to the dealership :gonnablow

edit: I was gonna PM this, but screw it.

Seriously? Come get it. I've got 3 emails in to you, which is the method you chose to begin communicating with me, with zero response. We started looking at it the day you left it. You are dealing with a completely intermittent and random electrical issue. You have experienced the problem twice in two months, and are complaining that I haven't found anything in the seven days it's been here? The vehicle has started and run for me every time I have tried. We have looked at it. We have watched the signals from the distributor, from the crank sensor, etc. with our scope and see nothing out of line, not sure what else to do with it right now.

It generally takes a lot to get under my skin, but for some reason this one bugs me.

John

Seriously dude, a week of troubleshooting for an intermittent electrical problem is nothing. These things take time, even more in your case if John cant reproduce the symptoms. What do you expect? It's a little early for negativity on a public forum if the channels of communication are open between you and John. I get the feeling you are someone who wont be happy regardless of what shop you frequent.

John at Auburn Car Repair and Offroad. I haven't really done too much business with him because I do most of my own stuff, but he is by far the best in the area. Everyone I know goes to him if they can't tackle something. Good luck man.

Back