• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HO2S?

skidj2x

NAXJA Forum User
2000xj, cali emissions, bone stock.

yesterday: mil came on, b2s2 HO2S circuit high.. checked sensor, saw the harness torn out from sensor.. replaced sensor.. bosch.. cleared codes w/nemisis.

today: drove to work.. xj sat all day. came out of work, mil on start up.. read codes, all four H02S, heater circuit high. wtf. drove home.. parked it..
havent looked, but is there a common fuse for the HO2S circuit?

Re: wtf, HO2S.

just checked the eng comp junction box.. 20A mini fuse blown in the three rows of unspecified mini fuse. cranked it over, but it didnt clear itself out.. ill clear it tomorrow at work. there are no other components on the thing that arent working ( lights, wipers, htr, radio etc).. but those three rows of minis arent listed on the lid, the owners manual or in the haynes manual..

tried to clear codes with nemisis, codes wont clear.. gonna have to check the vehicle harness.. the only usefull diagram in the haynes manual shows the four ho2s sharing the same ground.

Sounds like you have a shorted 12 volt wire in the harness that leads to the O2 sensors, that feeds the internal heaters in the sensors. That is probably a comon 12 volt wire from 1 or 2 relays somewhere, with fuses in line?

Why did you replace the sensor? Sounded like the wire harness was damaged not the sensor?

this happened to redheeps jeep when the exhaust got torn off and it clipped the O2 wires. Popped fuses and killed the jeep. I'd look real close up by the manifolds to see if the harness got burnt and is shorting.

The front drive shaft on my 87 ripped mine up 3 years ago. The guy that replaced my O2 sensor, did not put the wire harness back in the right place. Last time I let anyone else mess with rigs :repair: too, LOL.

yeah, the wire for the b2s2 ho2s came out of the retainer above the trans shifter cable bracket and got wrapped up in the front prop shaft.. but it sheard the sensor harness only. had it up on my lift today and traced the harness out.. didnt find anything. i disconnected the batt with the ign on to fully drain any keep alive memory in the ecm. left it that way for about six hours. drove twelve miles before the mil came back on.. same codes.
when i swapped the sensor, of the four wires, the only one not damaged was the bk/gn wire to the ecm.. wonder if it didnt hurt the ecm..
can anybody tell me where i might find some decent wiring diagrams on the net? w/o having to buy/subscribe to anything?
thanks guys

Google it, that's how I found the kick panel fuse diagram for my '00

read the codes thismorning after having the batt disconnected yesterday.
Today the codes changed from all four HO2S, back to just b2s2 HO2s. guess ill have to pull the tape off the looming and get a look inside the harness. perhaps there is something i cant see, like a wire on the vehicle side of the harness thats broken at one of the pins.
damn head scratcher.

Back