• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 Link Font long arm

PDXGraham

NAXJA Forum User
i have seen some retailers sell long arm selling long arm kits that are 3 link (only 3 control arms, 2 long arms and one short PS side i think), what is the advantage to this? or is there one?

It can be on either side driver or passenger.
less binding in front suspension cycling so better flex.
Many kits are offered this way now. A downside to it is your suspension will like to pull on accelerating and braking a little. Rockkrawler used to make a joint for your upper control arm mount to help minimize this since they sort of originiated the true 3 link.

Really not much advantage on a full bodied rig,the body won't allow you to go up any higher and with a full body rig you are limited on shock stroke so the arms can't reach their potential.

Now with major modification or a buggy It would be different but an off the shelf 3 link on a stockish rig won't flex any better then short arms and some drop brackets.

Off the shelf kits don't work all that great, as others said. But some time on Pirate or Advance fab on here, some have made some real nice three links. I did mine two years ago and love it.. Custom is the only way to go..

IMG_3910.JPG

3-links are affordable, that's really the bottom line. The flex good its true, but a radius arm (4-link) kit with johnny joints can flex amazingly well. Whether its a long arm or short arm kit with dropbrackets, as long as you have the right components on it, you're flex wont be compromised. A good set up on the track bar will greatly improve flex as well. You also want to make sure that you're shock set-up is properly dialed in for the amount of droop & stuff. You don't want your shocks to limit your travel.

Back