• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Specific Bumpstop question....

josefxj97

NAXJA Forum User
....and yes, I searched the forum and wasn't able to find anything? I can't find customer reviews or any info of anyone using these parts. I know that someone must being using them.
My question(s) are in regards to the parts listed at this link....http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1075

1) If you are using them, do they work as planned?

2) Is there anything that you would change about them?

3) Is there anything that you found out during use or installation that most don't know?

4) Does the "built-in" spring retainer work like you thought it would?

If this sounds like a noob thread, its because when it comes to bumpstops, i don't know much. I have been jeepin for a while now, I have owned my current jeep for a few years and always try to learn something new.
Any info is appreciated....
Thanks,

Joe

I used those bumps. they worked really well.

I had to add a 3" alum spacer beneat the lower bump.

You get what you pay for.

I agree, I paid $6.00 for some hard rubber hockey pucks and $2.49 for some bolts. Drilled some holes in the pucks, drilled some holes in the axle bracket, and bolted them on. A few years later, and the pucks are just fine.

I agree, I paid $6.00 for some hard rubber hockey pucks and $2.49 for some bolts. Drilled some holes in the pucks, drilled some holes in the axle bracket, and bolted them on. A few years later, and the pucks are just fine.

ok, so did those retain the coils also?

Last edited:
I have never had an issue with a coil falling out...ever I don't even have the crap stock retainers. I run soft hockey pucks myself its like a poor mans progressive stop.

Hockey pucks are your friend, and cost about 1/10 of that.

Hell yeah! And they work great.
P9170465-1.jpg

how are you guys securing your hockey pucks to the buckets?

A long bolt through the middle of it. I just drilled and tapped the coil bucket and snugged it down. Drill the top puck a little with a wood paddle bit so the bolt head sits below the top of the puck and doesn't chew up the upper bump when compressed.

Get some prothanes, for bump pad procure 3" disc at least 1/4 thick. Drill a centering hole in the disc, and bolt the disc where the old bumps unscrewed.

Automotive glue from the hardware store. Clean up the pad real well with a degreasing agent first. Removal of the springs are not necessary doing it this way. Mine have held secure for four years now. Also FWIW, I also used the hd retainer clip from rusty's....

I bought a 1' long by 3" diameter piece of UHMW plastic from McMaster for like $12 bucks. Cut it into two 4" pieces and drilled a hole through it. Worked like a charm, same idea as the pucks.

I don't see how the currie kit has a coil retainer. Technically my bumps have retainers also because the axle can't droop enough to make the coils fall out of the upper or lower bumpstop.

Back