• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep project

spyder98

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I am getting ready to start working on my XJ and wondering if the plans that I have for it are okay for a weekend offroader but nothing to serious like major rock crawling. Im in a budget but these are the plans I have, if you guys can give me any options or suggestions I would really appreciate it. I only drive my jeep when I go off roading/camping besides that its pretty much parked.

Currently I have a 3" Rancho suspension lift with 2" coil spacer up front and 2" blocks in the rear. I have 33x12.5R15 A/T tires. D30F and a 8.25R stock 3.55 gearing.

My plans are and will be done in the order listed are:

Aussie Lockers Front and Back
Rear ZJ disk conversion getting everything from the JY
Basic interior roll cage
6.5" X-Series Rough Country Lift
Hack N Tap Slip Yoke Eliminator w/ Front drive shaft- Iron Rock Off road
Tera2Low
4.56 Gears
Diff Protection Covers
Rock Sliders
Brush Guard for the front
35" tires

That's about all the plans I have for it for now. I hope this will give me a good working rig.

May I suggest your first priority should be to get rid of the lift blocks? Also add to your list " install a fire extinguisher and first aid kit" Other than that it sounds like you have a good plan. You will likely need to do some trimming to fit 35's.

4.88 gears instead of 4.56
Diff protection covers
Basic interior roll cage
Tera2Low
Rock Sliders
35" tires

That's the order i would recommend doing it in. If you're going 35's then the 4.88's would suit you better.

Ditch the block and get relocation brackets and shackles x2 on the hd steering. Serious offroad makes a really good one ton UTK kit.

May I suggest your first priority should be to get rid of the lift blocks? Also add to your list " install a fire extinguisher and first aid kit" Other than that it sounds like you have a good plan. You will likely need to do some trimming to fit 35's.

I wanted to ditch the blocks but my 33 rub so much with out them. How bad would it be if I leave them on until I install my lift in June? I have both a fire extinguisher and a first aid kit just need to find a place to bolt on the extinguisher for easy access in case its needed. Already did the trimming but will have to do a little more when getting ready to install the 35's.

frame stiffeners, HD steering of some kind
Will look into that After I complete my list.

4.88 gears instead of 4.56
Diff protection covers
Basic interior roll cage
Tera2Low
Rock Sliders
35" tires

That's the order i would recommend doing it in. If you're going 35's then the 4.88's would suit you better.
thanks will follow that order that you provided me with.

Ditch the block and get relocation brackets and shackles x2 on the hd steering. Serious offroad makes a really good one ton UTK kit.
will look into the hd steering and looking to see if I can find some shackles to remove the rear blocks.

As it sits now:

IMG_20111003_181254.jpg

1000000872.jpg

1000000871.jpg

IMG_20111017_152407.jpg

IMG_20111017_152437.jpg

IMG_20111231_155831.jpg

Back