• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.88`s and 35s ?

flyingxj

NAXJA Forum User
looking to re gear just picked up a ford 8.8 with 3.73 and posi trac gonna use the d 30 with auto tranny any one using the 4.88 and 35s? how is it on the highway and dd thanks

Works great for me..Have an 8.8 and HP D3o w/ 4.88s and lock rites F/R on 35's and can cruise down the highway at 70 mphs with ease...does ok on gas..

hey robz95xj lick my taint thanks for looking

don't be rude. NOT the way to get help. i see him give good advice to people all the time. just saying try the search bar or go back a few pages in modified tech. this topic is covered all the time. lower grears with bigger tires=better acceleration from stock gears. also gas mileage will somewhat improve from your stock 3.07 or 3.55 gears running 35s. that stock motor, tranny, axle gear combo is not meant for HUGE ASS TIRES compared to a 225/75R15s. they will do great in the woods. help you climb over stumps, rocks, broken fords, etc. remember PLAY NICE because your approach is not the way to make a friend or find someone to help you with your questions. people remember your attitude

in summation don't be a XXXX

Last edited:
x's 2..

looking back, i asked some pretty stupid questions on alot of different forums but after being flamed once or twice i religiously search now...any question you can think of has been asked before ...its the World Wide Web for gods sake....

and "these gears with these tires" questions ARE probably the dumbest.....especially asking someone from AZ. "how are they in the woods??"

hey robz95xj lick my taint thanks for looking
search. and nominated. This question has been asked approximately 4 million times.

when all you get everywhere is "people with suck" maybe the problem isn't with the other people

Back