• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear flex

EFR98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I'm running 4.5" leafs, 1.5" shackle and relocation bracket.

Its time to freshen up my lift since the rears are starting to sag a little. I was going to do an AAL but leaning towards a 2" shackle. I also have the option to go with a 5" pack with a 1" shackle. Just wondering which would flex better? Thanks

i would go with the longer shackles, if your relocation allows you to change your shackle angle, the longer shackles will allow the axle to compress/droop more while flexxed ,

just my 2cents,

More, thinner leaves. Flexes Better and a more consistent spring rate. Look at the jeep speed forum. Lot of them are using deavers, alcans, and nationals. The deavers also have an extra half leaf on the front half for spring wrap. They are getting 12" of travel. Don't know much about the other brands. They are pricey though, like $700 procey

I'm in the same boat, i need to make up 1" of lift to level out.
My concern with shackles is that they'd kill my exit angle. Maybe that's silly?

Its gotta be worth it. 12" travel! Thanks for the replies. I'm going to order shackles after Xmas!

Happy Holidays!

you did say you have 1.5" shackles already corect? 2" shackles would only give you .25" lift if that

^^^^^Yeah I figured that a couple nights ago..LOL Right now the shackle angle is at 40*. Maybe I'll move the upper shackle mount back and see if theres a gain. probably not much.

I have always wanted to try shackles that have a rotation joint in them. I don't remember who makes them but they allow the spring to twist and improve flex. I am thinking of something different than Teraflex rotator shackles.

That site looks like its from the 70s if they had sites in the70s. It's the only one I have ran across that has someting like that though, do they make them for XJs?

I have always wanted to try shackles that have a rotation joint in them. I don't remember who makes them but they allow the spring to twist and improve flex. I am thinking of something different than Teraflex rotator shackles.

can you guys weld?

maybe something like this with a heim, high misalignment spacer and the proper threaded insert? wouldnt take more than a foot of DOM. shoot... waiting on heims and painting them would take longer than building them.

STD-ALS-R.jpg

Back