• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-flow T-stat Housing

OverdriveXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Read in some write ups about these and was wondering people's opinions on them. Are they worth the money or doing yourself to a stock one, I can see both sides of the coin here. I don't have any heat issues as of right now. I d can't say about summer driving because i haven't owned it during the summer.

I do have a seam leaking on the stocker and my new CSF 3 core will be here tomorrow so it will be getting installed this weekend along with a new water pump and hoses. I did the T-stat about a week after getting it, to make sure it was working properly.

So I thought I might try it then again I just did it and don't know if i want to tear it apart again.

You can use a dremal tool and remove the excess material on the t-stat housing where it makes the sharp 90 deg bend on the inside radius. A lot of guys have done this to improve the flow path of the collant exiting the t-stat. But dont over do it or you could remove too much material and make the housing weak. Or option two, buy a high flow housing from Hesco for around $100

Back