• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Volunteers Needed for Cleanup

Rev's Susie

NAXJA Forum User
We will need volunteers to cleanup after the potluck dinner on friday and the VFW dinner on saturday. There was a huge mess left for Cheeseman and Camille from the potluck last year. The VFW, in order to receive our deposit back, must be clean. The more people we have, the faster cleanup will be done. It might be nice to see some new faces, not that the usual helpers are greatly appreciated.

I nominate SeanR to run the sweeper.

Seriously though, Jennie and I will stick around.

and please, no muddy boots at the VFW!

Pretty sure father and I were there Sat night last year, will be again this year.

We'll all be there Friday night, no excuse for anyone to not help clean up.

im in!

I'll stick around.

If Camille and I make it this year, you know we will be there to help as always.

I am setting up a video camera above the pot luck and when the mess is left, I am going to find out who it was and throw the trash either in their tent or Jeep...on fire.

You are correct Sue, last year was just plain out of hand.

Cheese "I had to cook & clean" Man

If I make it there I'll help. recovery from surgery will be the determinant

Tara and I would be happy to help.

We will help.

We didn't last year, but I asked if that was ok before we left.

mac 'with the whole wedding and all' gyvr

Not going to commit now because there is a few things in the fire with work, but if I go to WF, go on Friday and stay in Attica, i am in.

Past years it seems there's a rush to get out as soon as the raffle's finished, but the campfire runs well into the night and there's enough bottle passing that nobody should need that extra 30 minutes they saved by rushing back to the campground.

Molly and I will stick around to help, I know it usually takes us a a while to get the chairs stacked and out of the way to get to cleaning the floor.

Meganne and I'll stick around.

I appreciate everyone volunteering. Please keep in mind this is for the potluck too. No one usually helps with cleanup, except who's campsite we invade. I am hoping everyone understood I meant BOTH. Obviously the same people do not need to help both nights, unless they want to.

Past years it seems there's a rush to get out as soon as the raffle's finished, but the campfire runs well into the night and there's enough bottle passing that nobody should need that extra 30 minutes they saved by rushing back to the campground.

Molly and I will stick around to help, I know it usually takes us a a while to get the chairs stacked and out of the way to get to cleaning the floor.

This brings up a something that I have noticed over the years (maybe 9). People do take off rather quickly after the raffle, but I have to point out that the raffle lasts a LONG time. Even some of the people who participate are anxious to get out of there. All of my points are based off the fact that people are really ready to roll.

I have noticed that we are usually setting up food while people are taking their seats. It would be really nice if the food prep was finished before the proposed start time. This could shave 15 minutes very easily.

The raffle always has a delay before getting kicked off. Could we pre-sell tickets somehow? It may help speed up the process for the high rollers that buy 50+. Could the people running the raffle be served first in an effort to prevent delay? Maybe the raffle could begin just as soon as we don't have people in the food line?

Honestly I feel all the rush is due to how long it takes for the entire process to take place. I really enjoy the entire experience but I think the new folks get bored in the last 45 minutes.

Sorry for the long winded post about volunteers and people rushing out of the VFW.

With all this being said... I know this is all based off volunteers. I don't want to make it difficult to buy tickets. I don't want people to feel rushed.

Big 'happy to help' Hank

Back