• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 brakelines ?

bails85

NAXJA Forum User
Just want to know how you guys running 8.8's route your brake lines. I have the stock brakelines that came with it. While in the exploder being spring under the were tucked up nice and neat. Now that I'm spring over in the xj they hang below the leaf springs. The brakelines are not long enough to wrap them over the leafs like I would like and trying to do so they kinda bend backwards when I try to put them over the top. One question I have is the banjo fittings on the line that bolts to the caliper... Are they supposed to go where they are currently or can I rotate them for better placement. If any one has any pics or advice I would appreciate it. Thanks.

17044-no-blocks.jpg

Thats stock for a sprung over 8.8 could hit a junkyard and snag the brake lines from any ranger 7.5 !"$ I.8n have the same brake line pattern.

I usually purchase a second pass side Explorer hose, and weld a little bracket onto the backside of the spring pad (like on that Ranger) to secure the end of the hose.

OEM Jeep rear disc hoses also work.

Back