• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

16 wheels to 15 inch?

redyakfly

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2" bb on daily driver and looking to get some new wheels. Going from 16in to 15in. I have 245/75/16 tires on now. So doing the math these are 30.5 inch. I will be rplacing the stock wheel with 15 in with 3.75 BS. Should I go 30/9.50/15 or 31/10.5/15 tires?

That backspacing is going to make you pretty wide, so your steering should be all good with 31s, but you might flex up into your fenders offroad.

Also, I recommend these tires: http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...=true&cf=false&rd=15&sw=false&rc=UTSINT&cs=31

imageati.jpg

My girlfriend just bought a set of these and they kick butt for DD / Snow / Light offroading duties! Plus $135 a tire is pretty darn good! :thumbup:

3.55's or 4.10's? I personally disliked how 31s and 3.55s were. But, there is not much price difference on most between the sizes. So 30 or 31 will be fine.

At 2" of lift, 30's won't rub, 31's probably will rub, especially with 3.75" of back spacing.

At 2" of lift, 30's won't rub, 31's probably will rub, especially with 3.75" of back spacing.

x2. I run 30's on stock wheels with 1.5" spacers and rub a bit on the rear when loaded down with people.

Back