• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone with HD engineering stiffeners have a JCR tcase skid?

akelts

NAXJA Forum User
Was wanting to order a tcase skid from JCR, but want to make sure that I will be able to get it over the unibody stiffeners that I put on this summer.

Has anyone here done this already?

How thick are those stiffeners?
I've got the skid, and I was pretty impressed with the precision fit on my stock uni-body.
Call the guys up at JCR, I'm sure they'd work with you on this one.

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

great fit, great product!

Yes. It works no problem.

I balanced skid on floor jack and some jack stands and it jacks right into place.

I had the skid plate before I put the stiffeners on. I didn't really like the nut-serts that you use with the JCR skid on the frame rail. One on each side ended up coming loose and was basically not holding. So, when I installed the frame stiffeners, I tapped threaded holes into the stiffeners. They are thick enough to thread, and it seems to hold very well.

I did this with my drop bracket braces too.

Last edited:
Yes. It works no problem.

I balanced skid on floor jack and some jack stands and it jacks right into place.

I had the skid plate before I put the stiffeners on. I didn't really like the nut-serts that you use with the JCR skid on the frame rail. One on each side ended up coming loose and was basically not holding. So, when I installed the frame stiffeners, I tapped threaded holes into the stiffeners. They are thick enough to thread, and it seems to hold very well.

I did this with my drop bracket braces too.
Can i get a pic of the side mounting? Been debating whether this would work with my tnt frame stiffeners.

Back