• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Side window replacement?

bafuller83

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace my front passenger side window; just the small triangle one, not the one that rolls down (sorry, I don't know the correct name for it):confused1 1992 XJ; Does any website sell these; or should I just buy plexiglass from Lowes and stick it in there or just...Duck Tape it:rof:.

Thanks guys!

Go to the JY. After you pull the door panel it's only like two bolts and two screws to remove window frame and front track. 84 to 96 all the same. If your lucky you could score a pair of wing windows that open.

not sure if the wing windows are a lucky score or not....
i have them, they dont open far enough to do anything.
and then that is one more open/close window and seal that can leak...
i am tempted to switch from my wing windows to fixed

I really like the opening wing windows, but they are sometimes difficult to seal well, and have a tendency to break at the lower pivot. If you can find a good set, get them, but make sure that the bottom pivot pin that goes through the frame has not loosened where it mounts to the window itself. The pivot can rust underneath and when it gets too stiff it turns in the window frame instead of in the outer frame. When it's right, it should be pretty stiff, and you'll see the lower pin turning against the spring tension. Keep them lubed.

It's possible to make some adjustments once it's in, and mine always sealed fairly well, though never perfectly. I miss having these on my 99, because I don't really like to have to run the AC just to get a little breeze.

Back