• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About your Presidential nominee

Gold Cobra

NAXJA Forum User
Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, I am a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where I was the president of the Harvard Law Review. I was a community organizer in Chicago before earning my law degree. I worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. I served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004.

Following an unsuccessful bid against the Democratic incumbent for a seat in the United States House of Representatives in 2000, I ran for the United States Senate in 2004. Several events brought me to national attention during the campaign, including my victory in the March 2004 Illinois Democratic primary for the Senate election and my keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in July 2004. I won election to the U.S. Senate in Illinois in November 2004. My presidential campaign began in February 2007, and after a close campaign in the 2008 Democratic Party presidential primaries against Hillary Rodham Clinton, I won my party's nomination. In the 2008 presidential election, I defeated Republican nominee John McCain, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Also in October 2009, I was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Dustin aka TORX has done an amazing job running our chapter and I'd appreciate the chance to do the same.

goblazers_6 is HOPE for the Northwest Chapter.

181664ce-e8cc-9401.jpg

Back