• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any electricians in the Bellevue area?

dick.breakey

NAXJA Forum User
This is a feeler thread cause I'm going to want to make the lighting situation in my garage better. I've only got a single lightbulb and I'd like to run two double bulb flourscent shop lights. Really shine some light on the subject. Anyone want to come to Bellevue the week of the 7th and check it out? I'd appreciate it.

Dick

Is it sheet rocked on the cealing? Walls?
Is it insulated?
single car garage I am assuming?
Condo complex?
Do you have access to the celing from above? Attic?

I am not an electricion but have done this type of work in the past and these are the questions that I would first ask.

If there is no access you are looking for a good sheet rocks "er" not an electricion!

The other alternative would be to run the wiring outside the sheet rock.

Michael

read in bold. thanks extreme

Is it sheet rocked on the cealing? Walls? No, unfinished

Is it insulated? No

single car garage I am assuming? Two car traditional

Condo complex? Yes, condo

Do you have access to the celing from above? Attic? Will know by saturday night

I am not an electricion but have done this type of work in the past and these are the questions that I would first ask.

If there is no access you are looking for a good sheet rocks "er" not an electricion!

The other alternative would be to run the wiring outside the sheet rock.

Michael

Save yourself the head ache and get a couple long floresent lamps from lowes and hang them from the ceiling.

sent from my mind because I'm so Awesome!

But it's only one in the middle which created shadows all over The place and that's what I'm trying to eliminate. Might be better in the mean time tho, and that's what your pointing out.

This is a really easy project, when you get here I will spend a few minutes with you to give you an idea of what to do and how to lay it all out.
If you still need more help after you get all of the stuff then we can talk about that when you get there.

Michael

In the past I converted a single light socket into a duel wall outlet. I used it and two 2 bulb 8' electronic start ballast fixtures, Both combined was 440 watts. Hung them made cords and plugged them in. Instead of a ceramic light socket there was just a external outlet box. Similar to what some homes have for a garage door opener.

I'm a renter so I don't like to spend my money on a rental unless I have to.

Dave

I have 2 light bulb fixtures on my ceiling , I put in an adaptor that replaces the bulb and then put cords on my 4 foot fixtures and plugged them in ,been working fine for 25 years.

Hey so y'all helped me figure out what I'm gonna do with the lighting and I appreciate that. Much easier than I was making it out to be. However, I still need to do a couple things to the garage. One is insulate it and the other is semi-finish it. I'm not too good with drywall but I want to put it up to help insulate it and make it look better. I'd like to pay someone to help me do it. If anyone is interested or knows someone who they recommend I'd appreciate it. Thanks yall.

Dick,

Welcome to the PNW!! Hopefully we can get a meet and greet going soon so you can meet up with some of us!!

Back