• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

37s and 3.5" of lift.

coldoath

NAXJA Forum User
Swapped out the 8.25 for D44...

Started with this: Rubicon 3.5" lift on 33" KM2s with stock 3.55s
WP_000075.jpg

WP_000385.jpg

WP_000388.jpg

WP_000389.jpg

WP_000390.jpg

WP_000392.jpg

WP_000394.jpg

WP_000393.jpg

Had a friend help me swap in the D44 Tuesday night. Got there at 7:30pm, was headed home at 1:00am. Still have a lot of trimming to do in the back. Trying to decide if I want to comp cut it or not. That's why I haven't cut it yet. It drives fine around town but can't hit bumps too hard or the back will rub. Won't be like that for long. The Dana 44 is out of a 2008 4 door JK so it's beefier than most d44s. Tires are 37x12.50x17 MTRs, but I have 37x12.50x17 sitting in the garage that I need to mount. The 4.88 gears are awesome! I was getting about 14mpg with the 33s and 3.55s, but now I'm getting a little over 16mpg. Only swapped the rear for now. I'll be swapping the front in a week or two, so for now I have the front drive shaft pulled. I'll be going long arms too when I swap the front. Can't wait to get it done so I can wheel it!

you can see the coil spacer in all of the pictures. i bet thats around 5". doesnt look like the stock shackle either

Also...

You may have started with 3.5" lift with those 33's in the first picture, but there is no way that is 3.5" lift with the 37's.

:nono:

Yes, 5 on 5 with adapters on the front until the d44 front goes in.

lol promise you it's the exact same lift. I didn't add the spacers or the shackle. When I got it and it looked pure stock. Maybe it was to compensate the sagging springs? Thought those were both stock items, apparently not.

hmmmmm....

looks like the RE 3.5" springs. in which case you are most likely more like 4.5" of lift.

thats what I run and thats where I am :gee:

Not gonna lie, the front doesn't look like a 44 in those pics . . .

If it is did you reuse the stock brackets? and the steering looks stock too and the toe looks way out of wack.

Are you planning on going to long arms soon?

What is you plan for the rear shackle angle?

Not gonna lie, the front doesn't look like a 44 in those pics . . .

If it is did you reuse the stock brackets? and the steering looks stock too and the toe looks way out of wack.

Are you planning on going to long arms soon?

What is you plan for the rear shackle angle?

Dude, you gotta read!

The front 44 is out of a '77 Ford F150.

I'll be going long arms too when I swap the front. Can't wait to get it done so I can wheel it.

definately seems to be sitting tall for a 3.5" lift

heres 37's with 2.5" for comparison (measured frame to axle tube)

6088_505044891094_226300669_111177_7143933_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, 5 on 5 with adapters on the front until the d44 front goes in.

lol promise you it's the exact same lift. I didn't add the spacers or the shackle. When I got it and it looked pure stock. Maybe it was to compensate the sagging springs? Thought those were both stock items, apparently not.

So in the front you have 3.5" coils + spacer = 5" maybe a bit more.
The leafs in the back look to have quite a bit of arch for a 3.5" leaf pack and with aftermarket shackles you definitely have more lift.

Haha. This thread is amusing. Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win... you're still retarded. LOL.

The jeep looks good and capable. Who cares if its 3" or 5" total. I think he would know if he added any components to the lift.

Haha. This thread is amusing. Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. Even if you win... you're still retarded. LOL.

The jeep looks good and capable. Who cares if its 3" or 5" total. I think he would know if he added any components to the lift.
Its like telling a girl youre sporting a 9'' shlong when you really only have a 6er.

Its close, but youre still lying. But, its not the size that counts, its how you use it, right?

Its like telling a girl youre sporting a 9'' shlong when you really only have a 6er.

Its close, but youre still lying. But, its not the size that counts, its how you use it, right?

Haha. That's right. It's not the size of the boat. It's the motion of the ocean.:eek:

This. Thanks man.

Didn't expect everybody to cry about the lift of all things.

Who is crying? We're disappointed that you attempted to deceive us. Clearly not 3.5" lift with 37s. You should at least alter the title to "37s on 6in. lift" and apologise for wasting our time.

Hahaha ok, cause clearly I set out to deceive. Pull your skirt up and get over it.

Back