• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering

nitrospeed

NAXJA Forum User
So what company has the best steering setup. I want a hd steering setup that is streetable and good on the trail. I dont rockcrawl but im in the woods allot and drive it to work. thanks Jeff

I've been pretty impressed with the Iron rock crossover steering.. that was one of my 3 options i had narrowed down.. (aswell as the currie)

I ended up doing a WJ knuckle conversion.. But that entails ALOT more work.. something to atleast take a glance into.. But the payout is above and beyond anything off the shelf..

I have one of Kris's I would sell, it has heim joints and its octagon hex, he sells them for 350.00 I would sell it for 150.00 I never ran this setup. I ended up going with Reid racing knuckels with a high steer arm. I will tell you that you will need to turn your steer stops out, or run you track bar over the knuckel. It will be up for sale on Naxja soon. :conceited

The Currie setup is great for a rig that still sees lots of street miles.

X2...I am running the Currie setup (bought from ACRO) with 33" tires. On the first run after I installed it I bent the tie-rod pretty good. I just straightened it with my press in my garage and adjusted the alignment as needed. Very strong and very much worth the money.
Currie gets my vote

If you want something thats a simple no hassle install go currie. The y link drives great on a rig thats not to tall and the currie is the strongest. There is a reason why chrysler and dodge went with this setup from the factory. it works well.

Yeah thats true but I bet mine will drive even better once its back on the road.
There is something to be said for a dedicated drag link arm seprated from the tie-rod, their should be zero feed back in my steering wheel from my tie-rod, however its not cheap! The Oem's dont really plan on people putting 5 to 10 inches of lift on our Cherokee's those angles are why we end up changing so many things so our Jeeps still drive straigt down the road.
But what the hell do I know my Jeep gets further away from a stock Cherokee every day

Last edited:
Back