• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this and why can't I find it anywhere?

fargin_icehole

NAXJA Forum User
3v6s3.jpg

I'm doing some rust repair on the passenger side and that's the part that the seat bolts into. The original was rusted out and I can't use it. (They both look fine in the pic, but that's because that's not my XJ.)

I've looked on like 15 different sites for that thing, but no luck. I have the floor pan, but I need that piece so I can put the passenger seat back in.

Does anyone sell those things or do I have to go to a fab shop and have it made?

Or do I have to figure out a different way to bolt the seats in?

Go to a junkyard.

Find 95+ XJ.

Bring cordless drill + spotweld bit.

Drill out good quality replacement piece.

Spotweld back into your jeep.

Done.

Johnny Dangerously, great movie.

Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Johnny Dangerously, great movie.

Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

WTF?

When I put 96 XJ seats in my MJ I made those same mounts out of some C channel. Jeep added them for side impact support and they work! My 96 XJ was hit square in the pass side front door by a chevy avalanche doing 45 mph, that support kept the pass side seat in place and moved the impact to the tunnel. If someone had been sitting in that seat they would have been spared being pinned.

Back