• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

putting a 99 steering column into a 91

Fit, maybe. Whatcha gonna do about all the wiring and the igntion swtich ?

1991-1993 are bolt in, you best bet is to find one at the junkyard.

that kinda was my question on how differant they where i have friend that will be parting out a 99 and my 91 has issues with the column. so from that response they must be significantly different

quite-- the column was pretty standard through '95 and after that, it got significantly revised.
IIRC, the length of the steering shaft and the length of the column was altered then as well, so interchange would require some extensive changes.

quite-- the column was pretty standard through '95 and after that, it got significantly revised.
IIRC, the length of the steering shaft and the length of the column was altered then as well, so interchange would require some extensive changes.

And the 96 YM is a oddball all by itself. Stick with the 91-95 for an easy install. Make sure you get the correct column for your transmission type(auto is a different column from a stick)

96 and 95 are compatible, they use the same wheel, airbags, ignition switch, column shell etc. 91-94 are GM columns, not sure about other specifics, and RENIX ones may work as well since they're GM columns too. 97 through 01 are another split.

putting a 99 into a 91 is not going to happen unless you do dash modifications, wiring modifications, and I've heard you need to modify the hole in the firewall also but not certain if this is true or not.

Back